STOCKPORT HATTERS HALF MARATHON
STOCKPORT HATTERS HALF MARATHON
SUNDAY 3rd SEPTEMBER 2017 – START 9-30am
The Hatters Half marathon starts at Edgeley Park, home of Stockport County AFC. Scenic route follows the River Mersey along the Trans Pennine Trail towards Northenden, before forming a loop and returning to the finish in Alexandra Park in Edgeley.
Here is a link to the full list of finishers for the 2017 Hatters Half
Marathon, kindly and swiftly provided by Crazy Legs Events
The 2017 Hatters Half Marathon was a great success and in no small measure this was down to the magnificent runners who took part.
We hope that you all enjoyed the event and will return again in 2018.
The results are above, but additionally here are photos of both the Male and Female Winners....
First off the Mens winner Steven Bayton ( Sheffield Hallam) who stopped the clock in a new course record time of 1.08.43....
And first lady home was Sharon Johnstone ( Wilmslow RC) in 1.31.53...
The 2017 race video , by david wright media services,.......
For more photos from the race please follow the following 2 links( The race video , by david wright media services, will be added soon.
Follow the links for the pics of 2017 race......
....................................................................And....finally....kindly provided by David Wright Media Services...
The race video 2016 courtesy of David Wright Media Services( 2017 coming soon).....
For a full course map, please visit:
ENTRY PRICES 2017
, Affiliated Runners £18/ Non Affiliated £20.
Registration is based in the Cheadle End concourse at Edgeley Park and is open from 8am to 9am (strict latest). Please arrive early if you want to register on the day, as our team will be very busy.
Some of the runners who signed up for the 2016 race......
CHIP TIMING INTRODUCED IN 2016
Race timing is being provided by Crazy Legs Events and we are pleased to announce the introduction of chip timing for this year’s event.
STOCKPORT COUNTY SUPPORTERS CO-OPERATIVE
Organised by Stockport County Supporters’ Co-operative www.countysupporterscoop.co.uk, the event is intended to raise funds for the Co-op’s Guardian Account, which looks to fund the purchase of assets for the football club.
The Wellspring www.thewellspring.co.uk is a Stockport based resource centre, providing free support and services for homeless and disadvantaged people. Local communities who have benefited include over 700 people sleeping rough in Stockport or Manchester who have been supported into housing of some description.
We would like to ask any runners who are looking to run for charity to consider The Wellspring, if they don’t have a charity partner in mind.
Robinsons Brewery our Primary Corporate Partner !
Stockport Hatters Half Marathon is delighted to confirm that Robinson Brewery have again agreed to support the race- a wonderful gesture of support by the North's premier brewery!
Robinsons have been top quality Brewers and a pillar of the Stockport community for 175 years and we look forward to seeing their world famous dray horses on race day ....
2015 RACE WINNERS
Damian Nicholls (Wilmslow Running Club)1:15:36
Annette Bowden (Unattached)1:26:29
Full set of results can be viewed at:
HIGHLIGHTS FROM LAST YEARS EVENT
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Event Rules and Guidelines
All entry fees are non-refundable and Stockport 'Hatters' Half Marathon retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
1. An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email.
2. To register for the half marathon you must be 17 years of age or older on event day.
3. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
4. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Stockport 'Hatters' Half Marathon.
5. Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 2 hours 45 minutes.
6. The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
7. All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of their race number.
8. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise the Stockport 'Hatters' Half Marathon.
9. Participant race numbers are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Transfers between runners can only be done through the Race Director – email email@example.com. Sale and / or transfer of race entries are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
10. All entry fees are non-refundable, even in the unlikely event of race cancellation.
11. Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity.
12. Participants must not wear ipods or music players. There are road sections on the course which are not closed to traffic. Furthermore there are a number of major road crossings and participants will need to take instruction from our marshals and Traffic Management Team.
13. Retirements – all participants that are injured or retire from the race must inform a marshal and advise their name and number. The race organisers need to account for the safety of all our participants.
In order to run in the Stockport 'Hatters' Half Marathon runners agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions:
I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of England Athletics. I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Stockport 'Hatters' Half Marathon to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes.
I also understand that entry fees are non refundable, even in the event of cancellation of the race.
Statement of Course Measurement.
This can be viewed via this link