COVID 19 Considerations
- The event will be run using a staggered start format and participants must keep 2 meters apart at all times.
- We are only allowed to admit essential spectators to the event
- The details of people attending site will be taken and may be shared with NHS Test and Trace upon request. The details will be kept for 21 days.
- All runners and personnel entering the starting area in the Cheadle End car park will need to have a temperature check. Masks must be worn before the start of the race, especially indoors in the Cheadle End concourse and toilets.
- If you or anyone in your household is ill with COVID 19 symptoms within 14 days of the event, you must not attend the event. We will provide refunds for people in this position. The main symptoms of COVID 19 can be checked here – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/symptoms/
- People over 70 years of age or with compromised health conditions should be aware of the greater possibility of serious complications in the event of COVID 19 contamination. There are more details here – https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk/
- Please follow government advice for travel to and from the event.
- As per COVID 19 guidelines, touch points are limited. You may bring your own water, but you must not share equipment on site.
- An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email.
- To register for the half marathon you must be 17 years of age or older on event day.
- Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
- All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon.
- Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 2 hours 45 minutes.
- The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
- All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of their race number.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise the Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon.
- Participant race numbers are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Transfers between runners can only be done through the Race Director – email firstname.lastname@example.org Sale and / or transfer of race entries are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
- All entry fees are non-refundable, even in the unlikely event of race cancellation. The Stockport County Supporters Co-operative cannot be responsible for any consequential losses, in the event of the event being cancelled.
- Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity.
- Participants must not wear ipods or music players. There are road sections on the course which are not closed to traffic. Furthermore there are a number of major road crossings and participants will need to take instruction from our marshals and Traffic Management Team.
- Retirements – all participants that are injured or retire from the race must inform a marshal and advise their name and number. The race organisers need to account for the safety of all our participants.
In order to run in the Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon runners agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions:
I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of England Athletics. I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes.
I also understand that entry fees are non refundable, even in the event of cancellation of the race.