Event Rules and Guidelines
All entry fees are non-refundable and Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon retains the right to refuse entry to anyone declaring false information on their entry form, not making the required payment, or otherwise failing to meet the stated entry requirements.
- An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email.
- To register for the half marathon you must be 17 years of age or older on event day.
- Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
- All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon.
- Registrants must be capable of completing the full distance, start line to finish line, within the event time requirement of 2 hours 45 minutes.
- The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
- All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication on the reverse of their race number.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise the Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon.
- Participant race numbers are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Transfers between runners can only be done through the Race Director – email email@example.com Sale and / or transfer of race entries are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
- All entry fees are non-refundable, even in the unlikely event of race cancellation. The Stockport County Supporters Co-operative cannot be responsible for any consequential losses, in the event of the event being cancelled.
- Registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity.
- Participants must not wear ipods or music players. There are road sections on the course which are not closed to traffic. Furthermore there are a number of major road crossings and participants will need to take instruction from our marshals and Traffic Management Team.
- Retirements – all participants that are injured or retire from the race must inform a marshal and advise their name and number. The race organisers need to account for the safety of all our participants.
In order to run in the Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon runners agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions:
I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of England Athletics. I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Stockport ‘Hatters’ Half Marathon to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes.
I also understand that entry fees are non refundable, even in the event of cancellation of the race.